Oh Brother!










My Sister-In-Law passed this recap of a texting conversation she had with my Brother when she first learned I have a blog.
 
 
 My Sister in law to me: Just texted (my Brothers name was here).

 Their conversation to each other:
 
Her
- Did you know Marilyn has a blog? (That's my real name. It's not Jaksgirl, I bet you figured that huh?)

 
Him:
- No

 
Her:
- She does it's super cute and clever

 
Him:
- My sister?
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes dear Brother. I might actually be super cute and clever. Crazy huh?

This actually makes me smile and I thank my Sister in Law for passing it on.
I can totally hear him saying this and can see the little half grin on his face.

He is just a few months short of being 2 years older than me. Yup he is older than me. And quite a bit taller than me. He is slimmer than me. He's more athletic than me (he has also broken way more bones than me, like way more!). He has brown eyes. I have blue eyes. He's a sharper shot than me (this is an understatement, he's a brilliant hunter. I don't hunt. I shoot the breeze, that's about all I shoot!). He lives in a small town and loves it. I live in the city and love it. He loves the outdoors. I would rather be inside. He has 2 two daughters. I have 2 sons.

We are opposite in lots of ways but I couldn't love him more. I am very lucky to have been blessed with such a great older Brother. Growing up with him was never dull, I promise you!

Are you like your siblings or are you like me and Brother and different in many ways? Or are you an only child? I have always wondered what it is like to not have had a sibling to share your childhood with. Is it awesome being an only child or would you have rather to have had a sibling or two? Inquiring minds want to know!



 

Comments

  1. I will for sure be getting your brother to read this - it is so sweet and wonderful - made me tear up a bit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn?! I feel so deceived! After all this time I thought I knew you, Jaksgirl! ;)

    You certainly are clever, what a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an older sister (older by 1 and a half years) and I couldn't ask for a better friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts