Why I think hot tubs are gross

Some people love em, me? I certainly don’t. I think hot tubs are gross.

Yeah, I said it.

I do a very good job of staying out them.

What are my issues with hot tubs?


1) Really hot water that makes a lot of people sweat. Some people sweat a lot  (you sit in the sweat water, sounds awesome right, other peoples sweat as well as your own).

2) When your warm and wet, dead skin seems to come off easier (awww yeah….sitting in sweat water full of others people dead skin plus your own, so relaxing).

3) Hair also seems to fall out easier in warm water, all kinds of hair (enough said on that, also soooo awesome to sit in, mixed with the already present sweat and dead skin).

4) Sitting near naked (some people go in naked) with strangers, usually in very close proximity (awkward and kinda creepy).

5) Sitting near naked (some people go in naked) with friends and family, usually in very close proximity (awkward and totally creepy).


Maybe I would be fine with it if it was my hot tub and only my husband and I used it. Then I might go in it…very occasionally. Most of my issues are hygiene related really but I do think modesty is not always a bad thing, no matter how close you are to that person (other than your spouse of course!). They will never look at you the same after seeing you naked or near naked. No matter what they say or how drunk you all might have been.

Even if the hot tub owner cleans it regularly and all that good stuff, the moment one person steps in it…sweat, dead skin and hair are now present. Enjoy your soak.




Don't even get me started on festering boils, open soars and various skin problems that may be sitting beside you in the hot tub...ones you can and can not see. Yeah, even on people you think you know really well...




Comments

  1. Truly very humorous and funny indeed. You just reminded me of an incident in my early twenties (I am 35 now, so definitely a few years back now), that my friend and I were invited into a hot tub where an orgy was practically taking place. We just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!! We said no thanks and high-tailed it out of there. Kind of a funny story now, but at the time we were just young and naive, lol!! Crazy the things that can take place in a hot tub though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts