So I am a terrible blogger...

I gave a written promise that I would start blogging more regularly starting December 1st. My aplogies. I broke that promise. It is Dec 14th already!!!!
Here's a post, none the less...

I stumbled across this toy, in my online search for the greatest gifts in 2011...



Breast Feeding Doll
Yes, it is another doll – but I am certain you will understand why I find it so disturbing. Let’s start with the product tagline: “Because you shouldn’t have to wait until you have breasts before you start breastfeeding your baby.” I beg to differ. This doll comes with a special top for pre-pubescent girls to wear that has little flowers in the place of nipples. When the doll is placed on the flower it begins to suckle. This doll is seriously, seriously wrong. It is made by  the Spanish company, Berjuan. I really hope that it is not a best seller!!! I am not against breastfeeding, of course-not at all. It is absolutely, a natural and wonderful thing for a mother to be able to feed and nurture her child with her her own body. I do however have an issue with, let's say a 7 year old little girl walking around the mall with a doll suckling at her "flower" nipple. They grow up too fast as it is!!! This really disturbs me.

Words other than WTF fail me right now...

Feel free to let me know if you disagree with my view on this doll!!!

Comments

Popular Posts