Giving blogging a try!

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging!

I am entirely new at this so you I ask for your patience and tips as I go along. Oh and comments, comments always welcome!
I am not sure what will end up on my blog or how often I will be able to post but I do have lots to say most times its just a matter of taking the time to put into a post! Life happens as we all know. We never have enough time in day to get it all done. I have no idea if I will even have anyone reading my blog but it doesn't matter really...it's good to just get it out, right?

Introduction to the key characters in the on going story of my life...

My handsome husband, we'll call him KingK. Not because he is the King of the castle, but purely because we let him believe he is. That's a big part of a happy marriage right? Humoring each other. I give him credit; he humors me almost as much as I humor him. He humors a lot of my "quirks" and I love him for it! I heard a saying years ago that I have been known to repeat "he wears the pants in the family, I just tell him which pair to wear". KingK and I always get a chuckle from it. Okay, really only I get a chuckle out of it (because it's totally true!) but he doesn't find it very funny. He most likely actually hates it when I say it; perhaps that’s why I say it? That's another part of what makes our marriage a happy one, we purposely torture each other. Don't all couples do this?
He works hard, very hard. Until last year (KingK had a swimming accident in our backyard in August of 2009, broke his neck and was paralyzed. He is recovering better than anyone expected but that's a post of it's own for another day). His job took him away from home 3 weeks out of each month, usually. Another joke we laugh about, the only reason we have made it this long together is because he was never home! Again, probably not so funny as he is not working away much at all these days, and we actually see each other everyday. His clothes are in the closet rather than in a suitcase at the end of the bed. We have been together for almost 15 years and have been married for almost 2. He is a wonderful man, with a good heart. He surprises me just as much as I can predict him!

Enter, our oldest son, from this point on referred to as BigJ. A complex 17 year old boy. I say complex because he is a mystery to us most times. He doesn't say much, generally and rarely shows emotion. I seem to be able to get him to talk more than anyone, which makes me feel very privileged! He is pretty soft spoken. For the most part if he could just fade into the background and have people not notice him, he would really prefer that. But in saying that, he is not lacking in confidence as you might think with someone as shy as he is. He is very confident. I think that his confidence is why he is able to stay back from the crowd. He doesn't feel like he needs to be in the centre of everything or need people to like him or accept him. He truly likes who is and is very comfortable with himself. It’s hard to explain, does that make any sense? Anyways, he has a part time job, is in grade 12 and he recently got his license and his own vehicle. You'll probably hear about this a bit from time to time, I am not totally comfortable with his new independence, how he is changing and him being on the road just yet! He has never been into any trouble really, other than forging my signature once in grade 6. Really and truly, he's a great kid young man. That or he's a great actor, and or KingK and I are totally naive! BigJ plays the drums in a band he and his friends have put together and as of a month ago, has gotten himself a girlfriend. His first one. I have not met her yet. I don't know that I want to. I am sure she is sweet, but she's stealing my baby, the little tart! I know, in reality she's not stealing him, it's not that serious but this is the first of what could many little tarts that will try and convince him that they love him more than anyone could. Back off, little one-Mama Bear will attack!!! Yea, I have issues with the fact that I have 2 boys and I know how it goes with that. They will get married/shacked up and the wife's family will get all the holidays, see the grandkids more and all that fun stuff. It's the way it goes. I know. I will find a way to cope. Eventually!

On to LittleA. Our youngest son who is 10. LittleA is almost the exact opposite of BigJ. He loves to be the centre of attention. He craves it. He has such a need to be liked that it unsettles me, even. He is a happy, friendly little guy who will chat with anyone. He is our little love baby. He loves to be hugged and cuddled...still! This he gets from KingK who needs lots of attention and hugs and cuddles as well. BigJ and I are much less "maintenance". We are affectionate but very selective as to who will give and receive affection from. We don't need constant attention and in fact don't like too much of it. LittleA is also complex (of course, aren't we all really?). He is obsessed with WWE wrestling so you would think is a rough and tumble kid right? Nope, not at all. He likes to watch it but that's it. He is a super sensitive, caring little boy. He has an incredible mind for all things geography and astounds anyone who witnesses how much he knows about the world. What they eat, the weather, Volcanoes in the area, all kinds of facts about places all over the world. Give him a country, province or state and he will tell you the capital and tons of random facts about the place. He started this when he was like 6 or so. His room is decorated in WWE (wrestling), maps and globes. He is a great kid too. Our little family needed him; he definitely added a jolt of color to our canvas! No troubles from him...yet...there's still time right? Knock on wood!
So there are the main characters. Of course we have many cast members, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL (of course is Mother in law, Father in law, Sister in law, Brother in law-KingK is the oldest of 3 kids, he has a younger brother and Sister) my bro and his wife (I only have one sibling, an older brother), 2 Nieces (my bro's children,whom I adore ), my parents (divorced, when I was 11 my Dad remarried a few years after my parents divorced). We can call my Dad’s wife, “my Dad’s wife” since we have another Step Mother in law already. BigK’s dad is remarried as well. We will call his wife SMIL (Step-Mother in Law). We have lots of friends and a rather large extended family. You know, the usual suspects.

We have a mortgage, vehicle payments and the rest of that great grown up stuff. KingK and I both work full time. We have a good life; not always smooth sailing but who has smooth sailing, if you’re actually being honest? If life was easy, you wouldn’t learn anything right? We plug our way through life, hopefully learning as much as we teach along the way!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday. Best wishes to you! Looks like we have a lot in common being the only females in the house!

    So glad to hear your husband is doing ok, I am curious to see how he got hurt, scary!

    Lots of luck with your blog! Look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh when you are on twitter let me know and I'll help spread the word about your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts